Marana Gastronomy Tour
Gray Line Tours and Discover Marana welcome you to this unforgettable afternoon as we visit ancient archaeological sites and sample exclusive tastings of ancient Sonoran wild foods.
Join us as you discover wild Sonoran Desert flavors that inspire chefs, gourmet foragers, brewmasters, artisanal bakers, and distillers. This tour also includes a multi-course tasting of small plates with a paired cocktail at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, presented by Chef David Serus, Maître Cuisinier de France (Master Chef of France).
Learn about the cultures that farmed and foraged in this area for thousands of years and built the oldest agricultural irrigation canal system found in North America.
The Marana Gastronomy Tours are the first tours approved by UNESCO's Creative Cities Network member, Tucson City of Gastronomy. As the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy in the U.S., Tucson achieved this distinctive recognition based upon the cultures that farmed and foraged in this area for thousands of years, building the oldest agricultural irrigation canal system found in North America.Itinerary
12:30 PM Meet at Tucson Premium Outlets
01:00 PM Tour of Los Morteros Conservation Area
02:30 PM Tasting at Catalina Brewing Company
03:15 PM Tour of ancient Hohokam farm site
04:30 PM Tasting at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
06:00 PM Tour concludes at Tucson Premium Outlets
* Learn about ancient foodways through a guided archaeology adventure led by Dr. Suzanne Fish, University of Arizona Emerita Professor and Arizona State Museum Curator. Dr. Fish is one of the world’s experts on Hohokam foodways.
* Exclusive tastings, including a multi-course small plate tasting at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain and Catalina Brewing Company in Marana.
* Depart from and return to the Tucson Premium Outlets at Marana Center, right off the I-10 freeway at Twin Peaks Road in Marana
* Transportation in our Luxury Motor Coach
* Experienced Tour Guide
* Food tastings
* Water will be provided
* Tour Guide and Driver GratuitiesEssentials
* Wear comfortable closed-toe walking shoes
* Plan to walk on flat desert for about one hour total
* Bring a hat or parasol
* This tour requires a minimum of 8 and is limited to 13 people.