Day One, Monday, August 12, 2019
Saddle-Up! Say goodbye to the heat of the Sonoran Desert. This morning we depart at 08:15 am. Complimentary juices, fruit, and pastry are aboard for you as we depart for Hon-Dah Resort and Casino for a fun-filled three night in this great cool pines destination. Our route this morning takes us through the Salt River Canyon by the way of Globe, where we will stop for lunch (on own). Early afternoon finds us arriving at the beautiful Hon-Dah Resort in Lakeside, AZ. Relax and enjoy the amenities of the resort this afternoon and evening. Dinner included.
Day Two, Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Good morning! Breakfast (included) awaits you. This morning we are off on a treasure hunt. We will visit several of the area antique stores in Springerville, AZ. Springerville, a town located in a scenic four seasons area of eastern Arizona, would seem an unlikely place to find an outstanding collection of European art, but so it is. Visitors will probably be surprised to discover that this museum contains an engraving attributed to Rembrandt, three pen and ink drawings by Tiepolo, and dozens of other pieces of art and furniture dating from the Renaissance to the early twentieth century. This remarkable collection was a gift to the area from Mrs. Renee Scharf Cushman, who had lived in the area for only a few years during and after World War II. Only upon her death in 1969, when she willed this valuable collection to the local Latter-Day Saints congregation did anyone begin to realize how much she loved the land and respected the people. In 2012, after over 40 years of honoring, arranging tours, and caring for this collection, the Springerville and Eager Third Wards passed the Renee Cushman Art Museum on to the town of Springerville, to allow greater exposure to this collection.
Lunch (on your own) will be at Greer Cafe` in Greer, AZ. We will arrive back at the resort in mid-afternoon. Dinner included this evening.
Day Three, Wednesday, August 13, 2019
Good morning! Breakfast (included) awaits you. Next we'll enjoy a cool shaded picnic lunch at a beautiful picturesque urban lake in Lakeside. We will stop at Subway (on your own) for lunch to go. Following lunch you can enjoy the cool surroundings of the lake. We will return to the resort in mid-afternoon. Dinner included this evening.
Day Four, Thursday, August 15, 2019
Following breakfast (included), we depart for home at 10:30 am via Arizona's Rim Country and Payson where we will stop for lunch (on your own). We will arrive home in the late afternoon.
* Hon-Dah Resort and Casino
* Greer Lake
* Renee Cushman Art Museum in the town of Springerville
* Picnic lunch at beautiful, picturesqe lake in Lakeside
* All lodging/luggage handling
* Admission to Renee Cushman Art Museum
* 1 Continental Breakfast, 3 Breakfast Buffets, 3 Dinner Buffets
* Luxury air-conditioned Gray Line Tours motor coach
* Professional Gray Line Tours Driver
* Professional Gray Line Tours Tour Director
* All other meals
* Optional Driver Gratuity
* Optional Tour Guide Gratuity
* You will be travelling to a different climate, so please remember to bring appropriate clothing
* Moderate walking-please bring comfortable shoes
* A portion of the tour will be outdoors, so please be sure to bring the proper protection (i.e., hats, sunscreen, etc)